Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Slim Fast & Secret Fat

When I think of Slim Fast, I always think back to my fifth grade teacher Mrs. M, who was a rather tall, large woman of impressive stature and intimidating nature; she was a bit like a human-sized bull dog with a propensity for barking out advice and demanding discipline (a bit similar to this lady, but slightly less dominatrix/Nazi-like), and part of her own discipline was downing many a can of Slim Fast everyday (my third-grade teacher Mr. L had a similar addiction to a canned beverage, but he didn't need to lose weight; he drank Coca Cola during the day to stave off cravings for the cocaine he had to wait until school let out to snort).

Coming across these Slim Fast wedding cake ads on Fashion Foie Gras, I was immediately immersed in a nostalgia for those long-gone elementary school days of simple humor:

No comments:

Post a Comment